This is a great opportunity to make a contribution to protecting Tasmania's unique environment. If the Position Description below sounds like you, please give us a buzz on 0401 559 335.
The business of Environment Tasmania is conservation. We do this via our peak body role, our campaigns and our programs. We need someone who is keen to develop and support us in delivering these objectives. We need a problem solver, someone with excellent time management skills, and someone who will take full responsibility for their work.
Environment Tasmania is governed by a volunteer Board of Management, which takes an active role in the management of the organisation.
Environment Tasmania is strictly non-partisan.
We work hard, we have fun and we respect each other. We look forward to working with you.
- Ensure that the Board maintains the degree of financial literacy necessary to conduct the business of the organisation
- Advise the Board on matters of finance
- Advise the Board on fundraising
- Ensure that appropriate financial policies and procedures are in place and fully documented
- Produce [in partnership with the Board] a Business Plan for the organisation
- Ensure [in partnership with the Board] the regular review and development of the Business Plan
- Report to the Board at each meeting on the financial situation of the organisation
- Report to the Board at each meeting on variances from the approved budget
- With the Secretary, place any necessary financial items on the Board agenda in advance of the meeting
- Report to the Annual General Meeting on the financial situation of the organisation
Administrative & Management
- Serve on the Executive Committee between Board meetings
- Personally carry out financial duties as assigned
- Keep the books of the organisation
- Ensure the organisation’s financial records are adequate, protected, backed up, and accessible.
- Manage the organisation’s banking
- Maintain the organisation’s asset register
- Ensure the organisation’s financial control procedures are adequate and that appropriate safeguards against fraud are in place
- Ensure that risk management strategies (including appropriate insurances) are in place
- Collect and receive all money due to the organisation and make all payments authorised by the organisation
- Oversee the organisation’s investment strategy and report to the Board
- Prepare the Budget for the coming year
- Review income and expenditure against the budget on a continuous basis
- Ensure the organisation’s compliance with all applicable tax arrangements
- Refer all media to the Chair – unless delegated by the Chair
- As for Board members